Despite our best efforts we are forced to acknowledge that in today’s world time is scarce and speed often the order of the moment, so we get what we have right here, which is YLF.
Built the way we want it, which is the way you will have it; rich in Rosewood oil, Argan oil, Vitamin E, Marine collagen and Kawakawa extract. YLF is a genuine ‘head, shoulders, knees and toes’ for modern man, with a pleasant, slightly medicinal hit on the nose, it is a wash for those with too little time and too much to get done.
When we designed YLF we asked ourselves what should the perfect wash actually do, the answer, five things;
1) It should cleanse the skin and if necessary the hair (without harsh chemicals); Meet coconut and vegetable extracts, natural foaming agents combined with Marine collagen to provide a superb gentle cleanse.
2) It should hydrate the skin; We utilize the smoothing and hydrating effects of Argan oil and Marine collagen.
3) It should smell great - but not be too strong or overpowering, because you are in the shower not a car wash. We use the aroma of Rosewood.
4) It should be nutrient rich and cover the surface of your skin with essential oils and minerals – See Argan oil, Rosewood oil, Vitamin E and Kawakawa leaf extract.
5) Finally it should leave you feeling balanced and supreme. Step up our old friend Jojoba, that little Mexican wax ester and the closest thing in nature to our own skin oil that nature has produced, always working to keep your skin balanced and conditioned.
YLF actively protects the skin’s natural lipid balance and avoids stripping the skin of its moisture and nutrients.
Packed full of Vitamin E and Omega 3, 6 and 9, Argan oil from the kernels of Morocco’s Argan tree (Argania Spinosa) is seen as a wonder ingredient for skin and hair with its amazing healing, antioxidant and moisturising properties that combat problem skin and fight free radicals, whilst nourishing and hydrating skin and hair. A genuine all-rounder!
Rosewood oil has significant antibacterial properties, is known to plump the skin, reduce redness, eliminate dryness and improve overall skin clarity. We use it to fight dull, dry and oily skin, and it adds a mellow sweet fragrance to our wash.
Marine Collagen has been widely used in Japan for many years as a natural health supplement, in our wash it acts as a hydrating agent and aids water retention on the skin whilst creating a smooth silky feeling on the surface of the skin.
Kawakawa Leaf Extract
Kawakawa in Māori refers to the bitter taste of the leaves, from kawa meaning bitter. Kawakawa or NZ Pepper Tree was one of the most important plants in Rongoa (medicine), Maori used it externally for cuts, wounds and bruises and also applied it as a treatment for toothache, nettle stings and eczema. All of which leads us to believe that it makes for a great ingredient in a cleansing, calming body wash.
Vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin that can be isolated from vegetable oils. Its benefits include strengthening the skin's natural defenses, protecting lipid balance and reducing water loss. Being naturally derived, we use vitamin E to help fight free radical damage, as a natural skin-conditioning agent and as an antioxidant.